Harned Durham Energy has almost a century of HVAC expertise and the first and fastest growing discount oil company in the area. Family-owned and operated, our team is proud to bring the best in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning. Contact us for a free estimate or to schedule a service and repair. Let us help save money on your energy bill today!
Harned Durham Energy offers annual Service Plans to help you get the most out of your HVAC system and ensure your home and family maintain a year round comfort level.
Features & Benefits
Oil Boiler & Furnace Plan
You want your energy dollars stretching as far as possible and maintaining your heater is the first step to saving money and increasing reliability.
We begin by addressing any concerns you may have. We then assess the overall health of your heating system.
We replace the filter, screen and nozzle, remove any scale buildup, tear down, clean and inspect your burner assembly, lubricate and reassemble. Then, we check and adjust the settings of your electrodes, pump pressure, nozzle, air shutter and damper.
With our Boiler & Furnace Plan you are also eligible for 24-hour emergency service with a 15% discount on all repairs. There are no travel fees and no overtime fees to worry about.
Heat Pump Plan
Throughout the year your heat pump keeps you cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Like all mechanical systems, your heat pump needs to be serviced and maintained to provide optimum performance and lifespan.
With our Heat Pump Plan you get 24-hour emergency service for no heat situations. You also receive a 15% discount on all repairs. No overtime fees, two Tech visits per year to keep your pump pumping strong.
Air Conditioning Plan
During the dog days of summer your work horse is cooling your castle and filtering your air. Your AC system needs and deserves care and attention. Our techs will see to it that you save money with efficiency and maximize your equipment’s years of service.
We will check thermostat settings, tighten all electrical connections, lubricate all moving parts, inspect the condensate drain and clean your evaporator and condenser coils. We will check your refrigerant level and clean and adjust your blower components.
The Air Conditioning Plan covers you seven days a week between 7:00 am and 4:30 pm. You also receive a 15% discount on all repairs.
Hot Water Plan
Nothing like a nice hot shower, eh? Oil fired hot water heaters are the cat’s meow when it comes to supplying all the hot water your family needs. With our Hot Water Plan we’ll replace the filter, screen and nozzle. We’ll clean and service your unit, adjust your electrodes, pump pressure, air shutter and damper to assure every drop of H2O comes to you as warm as you want it and as cost efficient as possible.
Saving energy at home is easy. Here are some helpful tips to help you save energy without sacrificing your families comfort.
- Insulate your home. Insulation reduces the amount of heat that enters your home from the outside, consuming less energy.
- Close window shades. Closing window shades during the day will prevent the sunlight from entering your home and heating it up, decreasing the load on your cooling equipment (“The Greenhouse Effect”).
- Cool only the spaces you are in Reduce energy consumption by zoning your cooling system, using window air conditioners or portable air conditioners so you only cool the areas you are occupying.
- Change or clean filters Clean filters increase airflow and efficiency of air conditioning equipment.
- Ventilate your attic Attics can reach temperatures upwards of 160°F during the summer. That heat can leak into the living spaces of your home and cause your cooling equipment to work harder. Use attic fans to remove hot air and replace it with cooler air.
- Install a programmable thermostat Save money on your energy bills by programming your home to a higher temperature while you’re sleeping or at work.
- Utilize or install ceiling fans Running ceiling fans counter-clockwise will keep warm air circulating and keep you more comfortable.
- Rearrange your furniture Make sure your couches or chairs are not over vents or in front of baseboard radiators. By restricting airflow, you decrease the efficiency of your heating or cooling unit and, in turn, increase you energy bills.
- Install thermo-pane windows. Multi-pane windows can have R-values as high as 9.1. The higher the R-value, the more resistant the glass is to losing heat. Typically, your single-pane glass has an R-value of 1.
- Look for Energy Star labels This label means the Department of Energy and the EPA have deemed these products as energy-efficient, saving you money.